HOME > Chiesi España > Our History
  • 1907

    Alfonso Wassermann founded the pharmaceutical laboratory A.Wassermann and Cia. A.S. in Milan

  • 1914

    The "Society Italo-Spanish from pharmacotherapeutic specialties" was founded in Barcelona, in order to manufacture and market pharmaceutical products.

  • 1940

    The company acquires a greater boom in continuous capital increases; Spanish partners become part of the shareholders.

  • 1942

    Wassermann is the first laboratory that synthesizes, records and commercializes sulfa drug in Spain

  • 1947

    New installations are built for manufacturing pharmaceutical products and active principles

  • 1970

    Wassermann Italy and Wassermann Spain stop having common shareholders.
    Potentiation of research with the cytostatic fabrication plant.
    Consolidation of a center for chemical-pharmacological research.

  • 1981

    The patent of manufacturing process for etofenamate is developed.

  • 1986

    Biniwas (Binifibrate) is launched on the market, for lipid lowering micro- hemorrheologic, this product is designed, synthesized and pharmacologically and clinically developed in the R & D laboratory. It was licensed in various countries.

  • 1988

    • Chemical plant in Olérdola (Catalonia) to produce active principles.
    • Acquisition of Boizot Laboratories.

  • 1993

    Publication of the "negative list", affects about 50% of total invoicing of the company.

  • 1995

    Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A., purchases Laboratory Wassermann. The Spanish subsidiary changes its name to, Chiesi Spain, S.A.. Closing of the industrial center in Spain and focusing only on business.

  • The new factory in via Palermo launched in 1955

  • Processing room in the new factory in via Palermo

  • Historical pictures of products launched after WWII

  • Laboratory in the new factory in via Palermo